Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chautauqua Part 1 (Sha Ta g Wah)

Chautauqua, is was the 25 year anniversary of the start of Chautauqua and though it's losing some of it's umph it was still fun. Isaac and Evan Grace had never been and Kenzie only have very tiny memories of it. It's a week full of performers from all over. They have everything from the cloggers down the street to Little Texas and other big name bands. I forget who it was I saw when I was younger that gave his guitar to a little boy in the crowd when he was finished singing. Did I mention it's free too? All you pay for is the food you might want and anything you might want to buy at the booths full of handmade items. I LOVE Chautauqua and though we didn't get to go as much as I wanted to we had a lot of fun while we were there. :)

I was a judge for a cooking contest one year. That was fun, and other years I remember walking through all the local art exhibits and quilt rooms with my grandma. I'm so glad the kids and I got to go this year. Makes me look forward to next year already.

No comments: