Friday, October 17, 2008

The Aquarium

We took off to the TN Aquarium last week with friend of ours and had a blast. Here are some pictures. It was a gorgeous day and we had a lot of fun.

Mackenzie took this picture. It's a good one.
Sea Dragons. How cool are they?
They had a few of these pod things inside of the tanks that you could crawl under and stand up in the water with the fish. I hate that my flash kept messing up the picture. Everyone loved these tanks.
Evan Grace loved the Sturgeons (sp?) She kept asked the lady 'why' questions. Why do the fish look angry? Why do they need the water? Why do they close their eyes? Why do they like cold water. That poor lady was so sweet and she answered every question until I told her that Evan Grace could go on all day at this rate. I didn't know that these fish, Sturgeons are where we get caviar from.
This was Ev's favorite place. She's always liked the penguins.

Checking out one of the fish/shark tanks.
Ms. Erin, always the teacher. I can always count on her to make every trip educational. Lord knows I slack off on that part. :)
Why Mackenzie and Samantha are hugging in the shark tank I have no idea. Is it fear? Or just 12 year old girl stuff? :)
Ok, I know I wasn't supposed to take pictures of the jelly fish, but how gorgeous are they? This tank was large and full of these things. TN Aquarium jellyfish please forgive me for hurting your eyes with the flash.

We spent a lot of time at the petting tank. It had some sting rays, a shark and some Dorey fish (from Nemo) inside. The kids really liked it.


This was a shark/fish petting pool. Austin was all about it and Isaac, not so much.
Ev tried to pet the Dorey fish but couldn't reach!
Yes, they are real sting rays. Aren't they gorgeous?
We tried to get a group picture but you know how that goes with kids.

1 comment:

~*Lisa*~ said...

Cool We love that place! looks like a great time was had by all!