Thursday, April 21, 2011

Walk MS!!!

For those of you that don’t already know my mom has MS. Doctors suspect she’s had it since her early 20’s but she’s only official been diagnosed for 4 years. She’s doing ok, had some new lesions on her MRI 2 months ago and is now on the last resort effort to try and slow this disease down.
My sister is the one that got all of us on board the Walk MS train the past 2 years. This year we even came up with a team name and logo. (Boy Toy was kind enough to draw it up for us)
DSCN1693
How stinking cool is this logo? It stands for Kicking MS’ Butt!!! I LOVE it!!!
Since our team colors were blue and one of the MS colors is orange we kinda had a mixture of different colored logo’s. Depending on the hue of blue the shirt happened to be.
DSCN1694
All this was well and good but Mackenzie being Mackenzie wanted to trash up her shirt a bit, (as I like to call it). That post will come later. For now how about some pictures for our rainy day at the MS Walk in Bristol, VA.
I hate this picture is blurry, but it’s a really good picture of my mom and dad together that I had to post it!!!
DSCN1699
The entire KMSB team right before the walk! No you’re not seeing double, I’m a twin remember??
DSCN1712
Showing off the coolest logo ever!!! My sister had the brilliant idea for this photo. (Did any of you notice that a rain drop landed on my camera lens at a most perfect place to highlight the logo on Boy Toy’s shirt? on the right side of the picture!)
DSCN1713
I was so glad Mackenzie’s best friend got to go along with us. Katie is a great addition to any team. (It’s only icing on the cake that she’s family too)
DSCN1701
My mom was clever enough to give Isaac and Evan Grace new walkie talkies before the walk kicked off so they spent ALL DAY LONG on them.
DSCN1706
While on the walk we had to stop by the rocks and take a picture of all of us just like we did last year. And just like last year I was the one snapping the photo so I’m not in it. I’m sneaky like that.
DSCN1717
And just because this is a great photo of Evan Grace and her best friend, Pawpaw, I have to end this post with this picture.
DSCN1722
Everybody say awwwwwwwww!

~Jess




No comments: