Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I have been sewing! I promise!

A few months ago I found the greatest sewing fabric every! (Without all the sewing lines, I did those)

DSCN3213

What better to make than a sewing machine cover for Contessa with sewing machine fabric right?  I measure from bottom front of my machine to over the top of it to the bottom back of my machine and added an inch. I measured from side to side as well and added an inch for my measurements.  I quilted it with batting between the fabric and did the V stitch all over until I was satisfied with how it looked.

Then I used binding around all of the rough edges and called it done. 

DSCN3218

Doesn’t she look so cozy under her new cover? This was one of my most favorite projects to do. I’m not sure why…maybe it’s because I made something for Contessa, my favorite machine ever!

DSCN3232

I also quilted my first ever baby blanket. I’ve made other baby blankets before where I just slapped fabric together and edge the two together. Now though I actually quilted the baby blanket like I did Contessa’s cover above and then used blanket binding. I’m really really happy with how it turned out.

DSCN3221

DSCN3223

DSCN3224

I think Murphy likes it too.

DSCN3226

Now….who to give it to? If it stays in the house Evan Grace is sure to claim it as her own!

~Jess

 

No comments: