Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm sick to my stomach


I've spend 3+ months working on the cross stitch above for a friend of mine in Virginia that I grew up with that just had her first baby. I'm getting ready to frame it and I see this little spot of pink outside of the design area but clearly inside of what's to be framed. Isaac had markers out last night coloring at the table. Guess what else he marked? I'm heartbroke and a little sick to my stomach. I'm not sure how to fix this kind of mistake. Bleach is too strong and yellow's the fabric. I can't stitch anything extra over it because it wouldn't be in line with the rest of the design. :(

Feeling sorry for myself.
~Jess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mother gave me a hand made quilt for my wedding gift. It's just beautiful. However, my much younger brother did manage to color on a rather obvious section. Did it ruin it? No. It makes it all the more endearing to me. Someone with a demanding life full of the complicities and time restraints required in mothering a young child put THAT much time and energy into a special gift for me. This little "blip" is a true reminder of what the gift is really about. All of that being said, I'm sorry that your beautiful cross stitch got a blemish. I would probably cry.