Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Heart Cords

I met Cathy at Mentoring Moments at my church. The second one I had ever been too.

"Do you have children?" She asked me.
"Yes, 3, do you?"
"Two girls. What do you do?"
"I work here at the church part time and I homeschool."
"Oh I homeschooled my girls too."

The conversation turned to homeschooling for the rest of the night.

She was bright, funny, full of energy and knew how to make friends. She didn't hesitate to pick up my notebook and write her name and phone number on the back page in case I ever had any questions about homeschooling. I still have that piece of paper in that notebook.

She and I didn't stay in touch, we ran in different ministry circles at a big church. It was only a few weeks later that I started editing one of her husbands ministry books before it went to the publishers. It even took me awhile to realize that he was her husband. So I knew Cathy more through her husband and her two daughters that started helping out in the children part of the church that I was organizing.  Her passing, 20 days after she was diagnosed, totally caught me off guard and struck something inside of me I've yet to put my finger on.

Her husband's monthly newsletter for his ministry is dedicated to Cathy this month. I urge anyone that knew her that reads my blog or didn't know her to read the short newletter.. She was a true love on earth and those that she touched are many and miss her.

Copy and paste the link below.

http://www.fuel-yms.com/pdfs/e-Zine/NOV2009FUEL-YMS_eZine.pdf

No comments: