Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cheddar Bacon Chicken


I found another great recipe last week and made it to share with my mom and dad while we are still in Virginia. I have to admit if you just read the ingredients to this recipe you might talk you're self out of making it but I beg you to not do that. My family loved it and my sister even made it the next day for her pregnant friend that's about to pop. Pretty good endorsements right? If you make it leave a comment and let me know it really is a great easy hands off recipe!!!

Cheddar Bacon Chicken (in the crock pot/slow cooker...did I forget to mention that? )

2tbs of olive oil, spread around in the bottom of the crock pot.
6-8 Chicken tenders or 4-5 chicken breasts whichever you prefer, FROZEN. Place chicken in slow cooker after spreading around the olive oil.

Mix together 1/2 cup Ranch dressing, (any kind will do) and 1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce. (I use Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, so don't worry if you can't find Teriyaki sauce in a bottle without the label saying marinade too!) Stay with me, these ingredients, I will admit sound rather odd together but the combination is amazing and I was incredibly pleased with how great this tasted in the end.

After the ranch and sauce are mixed, pour it over the chicken. If you're chicken is kinda laying on top of other chicken pieces cover all the chicken as best you can. But DON'T STIR THE CHICKEN IN THE SAUCE, it will mix the oil in and your food can end up stuck to the bottom of your slow cooker. That's never good. :)

Next, cook 12 slices of bacon, and crumble them up over the frozen chicken in the slow cooker.

Sprinkle on a cup of cheddar cheese, put the lid on your slow cooker.

This will cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8.

Oh the smell of this while it cooked kept me coming back into the kitchen sneaking peeks. All of the Cheddar Bacon Chicken was GONE by the end of the night. The kids weren't to hip on it but Kenzie did try it and say it was pretty good though she didn't rave over it like the adults did.

I hope you enjoy. We certainly did!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: