Monday, February 8, 2010

Shirt Scarf.

I picked up this soft, blue, shirt in December. I feel in love with it immediately. The fabric hangs perfectly and the fit was.....just....so....right. Then my mom decided to do my laundry. I forgot I had thrown this new, wonderful, dry clean only shirt in with the other dirty laundry. Needless to say, she washed it, and shrank it. It's now a wonderful, small, belly shirt, which I refuse to wear. I'm still in love with the shirt and fabric though and wanted to get some use out of it.

I cut the top edge and sleeves off of the shirt. Then I cut the sleeves off the top binding part of the shirt. (Though I didn't take a picture of that part)
I cut through one of the side seams to make the body part of the shirt one long piece. Then I came in about an inch and a half on each side and sewed a straight seam and gathered it to make the outer ruffles. Then I ran a seam right down the middle and gathered it into a ruffle as well.
Evan Grace wore it for awhile and even tried to get in on the picture taking. So sweet.

I cut through the seams of each sleeve and attached them one to each end of the ruffle scarf. This was so quick and so simple. I used the hems already in the shirt to finish off the edges and ends. Plus, I can wear this creation two different ways for two different looks. The picture on the left is a great one of the sleeves sewn onto the ends of the scarf.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: