Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hanging Earrings.

I wish this were my idea. It's not. I found something very similar to this online and had the light bulb, "I can make that" spring into my head. Then I found this great, classic, white picture frame at TJ Maxx for cheap so I had to make it.

I took the glass and cardboard thing out of the back of the frame.
Then I laid the frame over some lace and cut a piece to fit plus a 1/2 inch all the way around. Next I hot glued the lace to the back of the the frame as tight as possible(I think this will hold up better if you use a staple gun but I don't have the privilege of owning one).
And voila, a wonderful shabby sheik place to hang all my earrings. I love how the lace work comes through almost as art.
Does anyone else notice a theme with my earrings after looking at this picture? I see a lot of beads and earth colors. Who knew? Right now I have this sitting up on my dresser but you could totally hang this on the wall to. If Evan Grace keeps messing with my earrings I may have to try that out.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: