Monday, April 26, 2010

Mommy Bags.

I was gifted this book on my birthday back in January. I not only devoured every page in one sitting but I started bookmarking all the many things I wanted to make from all the lovely pages. The first project I tried from this book is called the Mommy Bag. Somewhat like a diaper bag but for a mom that's on her way out of the house without the kids this time.


Here's mine already full of all the mommy things I always carry with me. This bag is perfec for pens, paper, hairbows, the occasional dragon toy and handy wipes.
The day after I made my first Mommy Bag, I sat down to sew up another one. It's so quick and easy. I think I like the bag better with the handles in the same fabric as the bag, unlike mine that I had to match the lining fabric.
My favorite thing about this bag, is not only how roomy and cute it is but I love the 4 pleats on each side. Here's a close up of the pleats. Kinda hard to see through the print of the fabric's I used. I have more fabric set aside to make more of these great bags. I think they would work well as a grocery bag for a Farmer's Market or Produce store too.


Of you can use it as a toasty bed for your cat.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: