Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Spin on S'mores'

I found this recipe months and months ago and finally got around to making it.

1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk stirred into 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Heat this for almost 2 minutes in a microwave until all is melted. Stir until smooth.


Pour chocolate mixture into a 9x13 or smaller dish such as I did.

Then measure out 1/2 up of Marshmallow creme (or Fluff as I'm use to calling it) and drop by spoonfuls onto the chocolate mixture.

Place back in the microwave for 30 seconds, just enough for the marshmallow fluff to melt. Remove from the microwave and cut through the chocolate and marshmallow mixture, creating swirls. I know, I know, it looks great doesn't it?
 

Then slowly present this to your kids with some graham crackers for dipping and watch out. Though the first bite was tentative the 2nd, 3rd and eventually 100th bite later was full force 'get this delicious chocolate concoction into my mouth NOW. (Ok it wasn't a hundred bites later but at one point I thought I was going to have to pull a "Oh my gosh look over there" hoax to get them distracted enough so that I could pull the pan away.

For those that may not want to mess with S'mores and how perfect they are in their natural order may I present to you the S'mores Maker.

How cool is this? Fill the water well to the fill line, close the lid.

Assemble your S'mores just like you've always done. Then lower the little arms onto the top graham cracker.

Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove carefully. Look how great that marshmallow puffed up!!! That's a beautiful thing.

Raise the arms and then smash the S'mores down. Enjoy.

Oh you may want to have some napkins or wet paper towels on hand. No matter how they are cooked S'mores are meant to get everywhere.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa Laree said...

Mmmm...the chocolate/marshmallow cracker dip looks dangerous...

But, my favorite "gotta have a s'more NOW" trick is to light a candle, put a marshmallow on a fork and micro-roast it. You can get 'em just that *perfect* golden brown gooey texture when you have that much control over the process.

Yum.