Monday, June 14, 2010

Fancy Food Friday.

I've started a new adventure with the kids...Fancy Food Friday. Even though the food isn't going to be super fancy (because I still want the kids to eat the food) it is going to be new food dishes with some ingredients we don't normally eat, but or cook with.

Our first meal was Mozzarella Chicken Roll-Ups with BBQ Scalloped Potatoes and Cucumber Roulades (pictured below). The chicken was amazing, that recipe is going in my recipe book and I'll post a step by step recipe on it later. The potatoes were so so, one of the ingredients used was Miracle Whip and I've never been fond of that flavor in anything.

Take one cucumber (seedless or full of seeds) and peel completely. Then cut into 12 slices. You can ask for your dogs help or just let her watch like I did. Daisy loves cucumbers so I was very proud of her for just resting her head next to the cutting board and keeping her tongue in her mouth.
Take a spoon or melon baller and scoop out the middle of each slice.
Place 1/4 cup of Chive & Onion Cream Cheese spread in a Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and squeeze a few times to warm up the mixture. Clip one corner of the bag with a pair of scissors and squeeze the cream cheese into each cucumber.
If you can put your hands on some thinly slicked smoked salmon do so. If not, then but a fillet from your local market and pan grill it like I did. Then thinly slice a few pieces from the top of the fish. Place a small piece of salmon on each cucumber slice then sprinkle with dill weed.






Posted by Picasa

No comments: