Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holding over.

I'm working on a long blog for tomorrow (I hope I can get it all together by then). It's a quick and easy dress I sewed for Evan Grace the other night when I couldn't sleep.

But until then how about Pumpkin French Toast? It's amazing and a perfect breakfast for the holidays. I usedsome of the pumpkin puree I had set aside a few months back when I was making Pumpkin Butter.


Here's what you're going to need:
2 eggs

1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 tbls brown sugar
8slices of bread

Mix everything (except for the bread slices) in a large but flat bowl to make dipping easy.

Then dip each side of the bread in the mixture and pan fry for a 2-3 minutes on each side.

You can smooth on some butter and ooze on some syrup if that suits you. I'm not a fan of syrup so a little bit of butter and this was one tasty breakfast.

Keep your fingers crossed that I'll get everything together for tomorrow's post. 

Posted by Picasa

No comments: