Monday, March 7, 2011

Deep Fried Cupcakes.

That's the correct title. I promise. I was a little surprised myself when I came across this recipe. It's a wonderful recipe. Really, if you love cupcakes then this recipe will take your love to the next level.

Make some cupcakes, any flavor, any size. I knew these were going to be rich so I went with mini-cupcakes so I didn't send my kids into a sugar coma. Put some icing on them too or maybe a ganache. I forgot to take a picture of them all iced and ready to go. I went with chocolate on chocolate.

Now you're going to make a funnel cake batter. In one bowl mix together: 2 eggs and 1 1/3 cup milk.
In another bowl mix together: 4 tbs sugar, 2 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the milk and egg mixture and mix until smooth.
Bring a few cups of oil to a high temperature OR if you're lucky enough to own a fryer do whatever you need to do to use that instead.

Now pick a cupcake, any of them, and dunk it in the funnel cake batter. (Sorry no picture, it's much to messy to dunk and take a picture of it at the same time.)

Fry for a few minutes, making sure to turn it over, until golden brown.
Remove from the oil and set to drain on some paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar immediately.
Yum, look at the inside of that. Isaac fell in love with these and kept asking me how I got a piece of cake inside of a doughnut. :) It's magic, or maybe that's just how they taste.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leisha said...

This my friend is just plain wrong! Wonderful, but wrong ;-)

Anonymous said...

Geez, Jess. Thanks A LOT!