Friday, March 18, 2011

A Night of Miracles.

Isaac is a picky eater, always has been, hopefully will not always be. Smile Evan Grace will eat almost anything and Mackenzie is old enough to get over it.. Open-mouthed smile

I’ve been having a lot of migraine’s lately, I’m not sure why and I’m keeping my fingers crossed I don’t have to go to the doctor to figure it out either. But last week, while suffering from a doozey of a migraine I wasn’t in the mood to do much for dinner so it was going to be taco’s for Mackenzie and Isaac and Broccoli and Cheese soup for Evan Grace and myself.  I had never made it before and I had a super easy and quick recipe.

Start with 4 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of milk
and one can of condensed cheese soup.
Wisk them all together in a large pot over medium heat, until the soup lumps are no longer lumps.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
DSCN1554
You can use a fresh head of broccoli or frozen. I had a bad of frozen florets on hand so I steamed them, along with 1/4 cup of chopped onion, while the soup was heating up in the pot.
DSCN1555
Give the broccoli a rough chop and add this and the onions to the soup mixture and stir until heated thru.
Then add in 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Yummm.
DSCN1556
I like a thicker soup, so I added 2 tablespoons of corn starch to the mixture as well. Heat until the cheese is melted and the corn starch starts to thicken everything.

Then if you want to be really fancy, serve in a bread bowl. This soup/recipe is going in the ‘make monthly’ stack, it was fantastic and quick, and made enough for leftovers the next day, which is always a plus in my book. 
DSCN1557
Here comes the miracles: Isaac asked for a taste of the soup. I dished him up a small bowl, then the kid proceeded to eat 4 bowls of the stuff. I’m serious, he was eating like it was his last meal. He even went for the bread so he could dip and enjoy it a different way.
DSCN1559
Then if that wasn’t enough, Evan Grace actually asked for and ate an entire taco!!! something she’s never been really fond of.
DSCN1560
Will wonders never cease?

No comments: