Saturday, October 23, 2010

Legendary!!!!

I'm not sure where I found this recipe, maybe on the Kraft website but I'm just not sure.
The kids and I spend Wednesday nights at my folks house, watching Survivor and catching up. This past Wednesday I decided to make this recipe and it was a major sucess. All of us around the table just wanted to feast off of this delicious masterpiece.

I'm not a big fan of Reuben sandwiches but this recipe.....simply amazing. I don't think I can say anthing more about how great this is and how much I'm already craving it again!!!!!



Reuben Dip in a Bread Bowl


1 loaf rye bread (1-1/4 lb.), unsliced
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
1/2 cup drained  Sauerkraut
1/4 cup Thousand Island Dressing
1/4 cup Sour Cream
Dash black pepper
1/4 lb. lean corned beef, chopped

Heat oven to 350°F.

Hollow out bread loaf, leaving 1-inch-thick shell. Cut removed bread into about 1'' cubes before spreading onto a baking sheet. Bake 4 to 5 min. or until lightly toasted.

While that's toasting, beat next 6 ingredients in a microwaveable bowl  until well blended. Stir in corned beef. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring every minute.

SPOON dip into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes.

We quickly ran out of bread cubes, but you can easily use any kind of sturdy cracker, like Wheat Thins, or even Rye Crackers.

This recipe was so yummy that I'm already making plans for when I can whip this us again. I'm thinking Thanksgiving, and Christmas Party's for sure and maybe once more just because. :)

No comments: