Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snow!!!

I woke up at 8 this morning to let the dog out, only to have her quickly change her mind and try to scamper back into the house after being hit in the little furry face with wet, sticky, super cold snowflakes. I didn't let her back in, instead I forced 'city dog' into the snow for a bit of a 'country dog' life. It was all I could do to keep myself from running back in to wake up the kids. Like a good parent I let them sleep. Here's a picture of the mountain behind the house. It's snowing so fast and thick that it's hard to make out the trees that cover the mountain.




When I told Isaac to look out of the window when he did wake up the first words out of his mouth were, "Mom, it is real!" He was so excited. We moved downstairs, and we all took the dog out this time so the kids could see it for themselves. When we walked out the front door Isaac had more to say. "Mom, it's on this side of the house too." He ran to check another side of the house, "Mom, it's everywhere!" I think he's going to be a big fan of the snow just like his mother.

Here's one of the chairs on the back deck....honestly, I did just want to sit down without brushing it off. But I stopped myself, I was still in my thin, silky pj pants.


Just a gorgeous picture of the bush across the drive. I so hope it snows all day. Isaac hopes so too!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: