Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cana.

My mother and I went to Cana for Mother's day with the kiddos. I hadn't been in years and years and was excited to see for myself all the gorgeous flowers my mom brought home every Spring.



Really, why can't I have them all?


Oh yes where in the world would I put them?

Not only did Cana have wonderful flowers but a great Farmer's Market. I love pictures that turn out so well without a flash.

Look at these massive green onions. I wanted all of them!!!


Inside the market was full of local made goodies too.  Like a jar of Bacon Dressing for $5.

And Moonshine Jelly. I've never tried Moonshine and I'm not sure I want to try it in jelly form anyway. Where else could you find this sort of thing?

Mackenzie got all excited about the flower selection. She was running back and forth snapping pictures of the blooms with her picture phone.

Evan Grace was calm enough to actually stop and give me a great shot with her and a gorgeous plant. Such a great picture of the little Princess.
We also came across an actual albino deer that someone had had stuffed. The kids were amazed and spent a lot of time walking around the glass box asking if it was real.  This is more a typical picture of my kids, Isaac not making eye contact with the lens and Evan Grace acting goofy the second before the flash flicks. *sigh*


One of the owners of the Market had found a baby calf laying beside his dead mother and took him into the store to care for him until he was old enough to sell. He was such a quiet thing. Yes, the kids did ask if we could take him home. I had to say no, but I didn't want to.


I want to live in Cana. I want to be within walking distance of the great Farmer's Market and all the little road side shops full of veggies, flowers and concrete garden statues. For now I'll have to make due with the yearly trip in for gorgeous hanging flowers and plants.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: