Monday, September 13, 2010

Mushrooms and Habitats

We have enormous mushrooms growing in our back yard. So big that the kids have been watching them grow and asking to take pictures of them everyday. Evan Grace had the idea of placing one of my turtles on them to see just how big they are. I love this picture.

This was still the back yard but in a much sunnier spot.

I do love shadow pictures of the kids. I think this one captures them pretty well.
Apparently the turtle wasn't enough for this mushroom so Evan Grace found a baby mushroom top to keep the turtle company.


Once we were finished taking pictures of mushrooms we came inside and the kids asked Nathan to build them a habitat. I remember calling them tents as kids but apparently my kids prefer habitats.
I have to admit, and this is hard to admit since I've been a mother for 14 years, but Nathan is a much better tent/habitat builder than I am....and my kids know it.
Once the habitat was tore down Daisy was quick to stake her claim on her favorite part.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

I just found your blog and am loving it. I sew too and make my own detergents and like to be crafty and love new recipes, so it's right up my alley. Saving it to my favorites now!