Friday, October 23, 2009

Advent Stockings


So I was all excited. I finally, ok I barely have the time to whip up advent calendars for the kids this year and when I stumbled on the blog below I almost hit the roof with my excitment.


I printed out the pattern, got all my fabrics in a row and started cutting and cutting and cutting. I want to make a different calendar for each kid and I just knew one of the girls would like this one. Finally done with all the cutting I started sewing them up. They were easy enough to sew and I was cranking several out in a short time. Then I got to looking at them, and you know what? I don't like them. At all! I'm not exactly sure what it is about them that bugs me, the fabric? the overall shape? the cuffs? Would I like them better if I used only Christma fabic? Should they be a little bigger, maybe it's the porportion that was bugging me.

I can't put my finger on it. So...here's my attempt at Advent Calendar Sew Along. I'm not giving up though. I've found a few more ideas for advent calendar's I'm going to try. I just hope I like them better than the stockings.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: