Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ahh birdseed!

My mom blessed me with a Family Fun subscription for Christmas and though I haven't received the first issue yet my best friend Erin had an extra Feb. copy and brought it to me a week or so ago.

I ADORE this magazine. It's full of lots of crafts that you can do with your kids, some complicated, some easy, but all very cheap and fun. I pulled this one out of the Feb issue and thought....why not do it now.

So Monday, we all crowded around our small kitchen table and made birdseed feeders. It was so easy and messy and everyone had fun with it, even Matt. The hardest part was having to wait while they baked in a low temp oven for an hour before we could thread them and hang them outside for all the birds.

Don't' let Kenzie's face fool you. She was bothered that the birdseed mixture was sticking to her fingers. She's always liked doing crafts with us and I'm thankful that this magazine has crafts that older kids can do as well as younger.

I think we might just keep this craft going all year around for the birds. That is if we can keep the squirrels off of them. We even made a few and set them aside for Pawpaw...per Evan Grace's request. So dad, you'll be getting some too!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: