Friday, January 8, 2010

Homemade Hot Cocoa.


My kids love hot cocoa as I'm sure the majority of kids do as well. But I really really don't like those little mix packets, convenient yes, but not so full of flavor. So the other day while out and about I picked up a bar of Ghirardelli baking chocolate. All it took was 2 cups of milk, 4 squares of the chocolate, melted in a pot with 1 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt and we had the best hot cocoa we've had in years. I wish I could keep a bar of this chocolate in the house at all times but alas, I'm too addicted and have too little self control to not use it up as soon as it's purchased. The kids really liked the chocolate, even asking for seconds, something they never did with the mix packets!

Note to the adults out there, if you want something a little more adult just add 1 or 2oz of Whiskey and you've got a Hot Chocolate Toddy!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: