Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just ugly.

You know, some things just don't take a good photo. I mean, no matter what it is, how you light it, what setting you use on the camera it's just! not! going! to! work! That bugs me. I don't know how many times I took a picture of this recipe below. It became a challenge to me after awhile. "I refuse to take a picture of something that looks like slugs slaughtered over egg noodles."






 But alas, I could not for the life of me figure this one out. Hence the great crop job on the plate of food. If I posted the entire plate in one picture I think I might honestly loose the few followers of this blog.

 Though it's ugly and didn't take a picture worth a darn, this is one of the tastier meals I have in my recipe book. My sister found this little ditty. See, she's in love with her slow cooker to, sometimes I think her love for her slow cooker is deeper than my love for mine, but then I just shrug it off, tape another pink heart to my slow cooker and carry on.

 If you're interested in making this ugly dish (and really, it's better looking in person) here's the recipe. So yummy.

Slow Cooker Beef Strogonoff
1-2 lb stew meat
1 large onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 sm jars of mushrooms (I use shitaki because I like their earthy flavor better)
1 8oz pkg of Neufchatel cream cheese
1 8oz container of sour cream (light, fat free or whole is fine)

  1. Add 1st 5 ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Or on high 5-6 hours.
  2. 15 minutes before serving cook egg noodles according to directions on the package.
  3. Cube cream cheese and add to slow cooker
  4. Before serving stir in sour cream
  5. Serve over egg noodles.  

 I had mine with homemade Sour Dough Bread....lightly toasted with real butter. What a comforting winter meal. Wish we had leftovers.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: