Monday, January 18, 2010

A Sewing Story.

I had this shirt. My mom got it for me on sale, for like $3. I love this shirt. I like the purple straps and the ruffles (I'm a sucker for ruffles) BUT, sadly this shirt wasn't roomy enough for my chest. So what to do with a shirt that I really liked but couldn't wear?


I cut an inch or two off of the sides of the shirt and the bottom hem of the shirt came off as well.


Then I found some pretty brown colored fabric I had to match the shirt and
 I used my cut as a pattern to cut 2 matching pieces of what would be my inside fabric.


Then I started pinning and sewing things into place I used the bottom hem of the shirt to reinforce the purple lace straps.

When I cut the sides of the shirt I had enough of the ruffle part to add in an inside pocket. So I pinned and sewing in a matching pocket for the inside.

I pinned somemore and sewed again, getting the outside and inside fabrics lined up just right.

Then voila!! I had a wonderful new purse that was not only upcycled from my shirt but I think is super cute. It's big enough to hold all my purse toys or even be a tote for the kids stuff when needed. This could be my favorite bag that I've made yet. I mean, I think I like it even more than the Hobo bag!!! .

Cute right?







Posted by Picasa

No comments: