Saturday, March 20, 2010

Squares and Chalk.

I picked up this plate for $3. Such a cute plate, and the back says it goes from Oven to Table with no problems. :) I didn't really want to use it in the oven or on the table as a plate.
I used painter's tape and taped off the outer edges, down against the middle square. I tape it off really really well and you should to if you do this project for yourself. Trust me.
Then I shook up the chalkboard paint, popped it open and my eyes started to twinkle.
I used two coats of chalkboard paint on this plate, but I let the first coat set up for about 4 hours before applying the 2nd coat.
I used a butter knife and cut a line on each side of the square where the tape met the chalkboard paint. So that when I peeled it back it wouldn't pull and tear at the paint that was suppose to stay on the plate as bad. Then voila! instand chalkboard. (I still have some touch up to do on the bottom edge there, nothing a butter knife can't handle though)

You can use it as a message board for your faulty memory. (I do enjoy lunch with Cosmo!)

Or for a quick grocery list. (I'm no artist, so keep those snarky comments about my milk and mayo drawings to yourself!) I know you wanted to see more goofy pictures of Evan Grace so I didn't crop her out this time. You're so welcome.
Now I'm looking for a plate wall hanging thing that will hold this up that I can attach a stick of chalk to so I can actually use this in the kitchen. Anyone know where I can find one of those?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: