Friday, March 13, 2009

Free Cereal and Toothpaste.

Ok, I've always liked the idea of coupons. And it wasn't until I moved to Huntsville that I realized coupons were a must if you wanted to feed your family when you didn't have all the money in the world to do it. The cost of living down here (even before things started going up and down) is horrendous and a totally shock from what I was use to in VA. So I started getting into coupons and then I started getting into more coupons, and more coupons......and......more coupons. Until I'm totally obsessed but I'm glad to announce that this obsession is paying off.

Just this week I was able to get a free 4 oz tube of Colgate Whitening Toothpaste from Walgreens. Regular cost was $3.49 and I had a store coupon for $2.25 and a manufacture coupon for $1.50. A free box of Reese Puff cereal from Kroger. This consisted of using 4 coupons. $1.00 off 3 General Mills cereal and I had a coupon for $.75 off each General Mills Box. As well as Dry Idea Deodorant from Walgreens for only $.29. Regularly priced at $2. 29 I had a $2.00 off coupon!!! I kid you not. I've worked up a system and had some help from some great Internet sites and it's working and I'm loving every minute of it.

I'm actually excited about getting the newspaper on Sunday and when I was in Wal-Mart today and noticed that the new All You magazine had come out a week early I nearly fainted with excitement. MORE COUPONS!!!
I'm going to work up a blog post on the ends and outs of couponing hopefully soon. In this day and age I need to spend as little money as possible on grocery's.

~Jess
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Matt and Traci said...

If you like this stuff - check out I heart CVS.com. You will go CRAZY!!!